Not sure if you've noticed, but everyone is drinking this weird tea like its nobody's business.
So why would I drink something that's more expensive than a glass of wine at my local pub?!
Let's start with what is it...
Kombucha is a fermented black or green tea based drink with loads of health benefits. It's made from a SCOBI (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria & Yeast). Sounds gross, but as I said, the benefits are awesome.
So what are the health benefits?
- Detoxifies your body naturally with its punch of antioxidants, flushing out toxins
- Kicks bloating in the gut (no pun intended!)
- Fills you up on friendly bacterias found in probiotics
- Gives you a burst of energy
- Restores gut health
- Helps nutrients in your gut to be easily absorbed into easy digestible form
- Helps with mental clarity
- Helps your gut absorb minerals easier such
- Is packed with loads of vitamin C & vitamin B
- Any my personal fave - decreases sugar cravings
If haven't tried it yet, there is a plethora of flavours now available at health food shops and even Coles and Woolies! Or you can be a total bad ass and make your own! If you do, please make sure you share with me.
Wishing you an awesome day filled with joy.